Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ironhead Zen Tri

Zen and the Art of Triathlon podcast hosts Brett and Emily traveled this weekend to Grand Prairie, Texas and raced in the Ironhead Dallas Triathlon.

My run visor is off to them as they both finished strong on a very hot day. It was in the mid-80s when they hit the water at 7:30 AM and was near 100 degress by the time they finished. Let me tell you, the sweat was flying!

And, what's a race day without a little drama, hmmmm? I'd write about it here but I won't let the cat out of the bag as I'm sure it will be highlighted on the next podcast. So, until it's released, I'll sign off and hope all in the BoomerNation had a good weekend.

Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Papa Louie said...

So cool that you're friends with Brett and Emily. Can't wait to hear the show. I listen to them all. Did he race barefoot?

D said...

Isn't winter on the way yet? Kudos to anyone who raced this weekend in this heat!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Pappa Louie: I just met them face-to-face this weekend. They are as genuine and as nice as they sound on the podcast. Brett ran in running shoes. It was a good thing too because it was so hot on the run the tar on the road started to ooze like heated syrup.

D: Cooler temps can't get here fast enough. I agree, anyone racing in this heat deserves an ovation.

Cliff said...

Oh that's hot. In a sick twisted way, I want to experience racing in that much heat.

:) said...

Damnit! I didn't get to make it out to the meetup or the race!!!

SRR said...

Drama? Oh do tell!

Barb said...

BoomerNation! HaHa!
Yes Indeed! :)

I'm looking forward to the next podcast to hear the race review! Go ZenTri Army! :P

greyhound said...

I so can't wait for the audio.

I like hawt, not hot. Am I the only Texan that takes my offseason in July instead of January? This is definitely our severe weather season.