Thursday, July 22, 2010

Under the influence

Saying my name in the same breath with Team Hoyt and Terry Fox is darn near sacrilege. OK, it is sacrilege, so at the risk of tainting the reputation of these true greats I'll continue here for just a wee bit more but only long enough to make a greater point -- reading about all of the runners at RunReviews.com is a must. Prepared to be inspired. There; I warned ya.

I'm humbled and more than a little nervous to be included on their list of "Most Influential Runners." How nervous? Does the expression, "feeling like a ho in church," express it well? Now that I find myself in such esteemed company, I have no choice but to step up my blogging - and running - game.

Humility and nerves aside, what I'm feeling is thankful.

I will do my level best to live up to the title and respectfully sit in the last pew, next to the door, with my running shoes on.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Brent Buckner said...

That is indeed awesome company!