Monday, February 04, 2008

B-Fit B-Day Challenge... Going for the Gold

Next week (February 11) I turn 47 years old. And, to celebrate my good health and the extraordinary love in my life I am taking on a big, no.... huge, no... gi-normous, no... epic birthday challenge. I will be the first to attempt the Gold level in the RaceAthlete B-Fit B-Day Challenge.

On Saturday, February 9th I will swim, bike, and run according to my age as follows:

Swim 4 miles (that's 6,600 yards folks!)
Bike 47 miles
Run 7 miles...

....within 24 hours.

You can learn more about the RaceAthlete B-Fit B-Day Challenge here.

Come back tomorrow for details of where I will get my challenge on.

Stay tuned...

11 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Four miles in the pool? Gees! Good luck going for the gold!

SixTwoThree said...

Gulp, is that what I'll have to do next August? I'm right behind ya' brother!! Glad you gave me plenty of warning :-)

Marci said...

Oh gosh... of course you can do all 58 of those miles in 24 hours! I'll look back tomorrow... unless I hear about it at masters practice first... but because of my training schedule and day of work at Bikemart... don't know if I could join you for any of it. We'll see!

Steve Stenzel said...

Happy upcoming b-day!!

Iron Eric said...

Happy early birthday! The b-fit challenge is pretty cool, but 4 miles in the pool. Is that realistic? I am doing 4,000meters on Saturday. I am planning on spending the whole day in the pool. 6,600 is too extreme for me.

Martin Strel who swam the Amazon River in 2007 probably swims 10,000m in the pool all the time?

Iron Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
21stCenturyMom said...

My arms hurt just reading that!

Happy Pre-Birthday!!

Carrie said...

Don't wanna burst your b-day bubble- but I got ya by a few days. And a few less years ;)

But I haven't been in water larger than a bathtub since Aug- so 3 miles will be a tough one.

Born To Endure said...

Boy am I glad i'm not as old as you!!!!!

Kim said...

holy crap that is one long ass swim, but you will totally kick its ass! proud of you boom!

Supalinds said...

Holy crap...I signed up for the gold as well...but my numbers are a leeetle less and not until May.

Good luck!!

The swim makes me want to take a nap!!