Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On Risk

Last night sleep did not come easy. My mind was racing on things of the office and the fast approaching Ironman Louisville. My sore back notwithstanding I press on towards race day. To redirect my mind I cracked open "It's Not About the Bike," by Lance Armstrong and read these previously underlined words:

"What makes a great endurance athlete is the ability to absorb potential embarrassment, and to suffer without complaint."

Lance is great, I am not. But ...

... the risk is the same.

Here's to taking the risk in the noble pursuit of achievement in overcoming our fears without the whining.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

http://www.seoconsultants.com/links/images/no-whining-2x.gif

triguyjt said...

lance is right on!!!

as always..

good luck... your IM is coming soon...

Vickie said...

Sometimes when you whine about it, you hear how feeble it sounds and continue on without complaint.