Thursday, September 13, 2007

Prelude

“Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.” ~ Mohandas Gandhi

The spring-loaded hotel door closed with its familiar thud and the silence began to shout. I arrived in Madison standing in the small room with bike and bags in hand... and a goal.

In front of me was a welcomed basket of fruit, wine and yellow roses; behind me was seven months of training. Before me was the painfully unfamiliar; and behind me was the even more painful discontent of the familiar.

At that moment I had one task and that was to see her face-to-face. Lake Monona was calling and I couldn’t deny her another moment. It was clear. If I was going to finish what I began, I had to face the beginning of the end.

And I was determined to see this thing through. To progress.

Stay tuned…

No comments: